Does anyone else feel like 2021 is the year of hope? As we peel moldy wallpaper off yet another room, it’s hard not to dream about what comes next, even if that next is the day when we can invite people over for dinner. People who will have almost no idea of how far the house has come over the short time we’ve owned it.
in 2021 I:
- will hike Mt. Washington. I think this year will be the year that this finally happens, we’re starting to run out of excuses.
- will camp a lot. In fact it would be great if this was the year of camping. I’m talking load up the car and go somewhere new. I’m talking pack a bag and camp off trail. 2021 is going to be the year of the woods that 2020 started off being before the house distracted us.
- will knit more sweaters for hiking. I knit one last year and am obsessed with wearing it instead of a jacket, for something that’s not bulky it’s so warm!
- will be finishing off one of our bedrooms as a nursery. Which in itself is a crazy concept that we’re wrapping our heads around slowly because it’s always been an abstract idea. Don’t expect anything until someone sticks me with a covid vaccine though!
- will be growing vegetables that will make it to edible format. I can feel it, it’s going to happen this year.
- will not try to read 100 books. Last year I found myself pushing through books that I wasn’t into because I had a number goal and limited time to reach it. This year I want to read books that I like and abandon ones that don’t hold my interest. Or at least save them for a day that I’m in the mood for them.
- will daydream about running in person races and patiently wait for them to start happening again. Or at least try to be patient.
- will probably knit my niece something kitchy, because eventually she’ll care what she wears.
Between politics and the pandemic, 2020 was a stressful year. Going into 2021, I can’t help but feel incredibly grateful for the hope that I feel and the desire to make this year a good year.